10 Good Reasons To Get A Massage!
1. Relaxes Muscle Tension and Improves Flexibility: Massage Therapy stimulates blood circulation, increases oxygen and nutrient flow to connective tissue and muscles. This helps remove tightness in the muscles and lubricates joints for increased flexibility.
3. Prevents Injury or Illness: Tense muscles tighten and pull the body out of alignment and restrict circulation. Regular Massage Therapy can increase circulation and relax the body to prevent chronic conditions from taking hold.
5. Encourages Recovery From Injury: Massage Therapy can break up internal scar tissue for more efficient movement. It can improve functional abilities and range of motion. It can improve skin healing and improve the appearance of recent scars.
7. Enhance and Maintain Good Health: To our bodies, Massage Therapy is a bit like tuning up a guitar or taking the car for a mini service. It helps to reduce heart rate, lowers blood pressure and strengthens immunity by boosting lymphocytes.
9. Reduces Stress: Massage Therapy calms the body and relaxes the mind helping to reduce stress by lowering cortisol levels. Stress has a negative on your body, so having a massage can lead to a major difference in your overall wellbeing.
2. Stimulates and Detoxifies the Body: Can give us beautiful healthy skin and more! Massage Therapy stimulates the lymphatic system which is the body's natural defence against toxins and impurities. It encourages the flow of toxic waste from the muscles, organs and tissues for improved health and digestion.
4. Improves Posture: Massage Therapy can improve posture by helping to train muscles to be in the right position allowing for better support to our structure.
6. Relieves Pain: Massage Therapy helps block the nervous systems pain receptors and increases blood flow to the muscles. It can increase mobility to the joints to help reduces arthritis pain, ease the pain of migraines, pregnancy, cancer and fibromyalgia
8. Improves Attitude and Increases Alertness: Massage stimulates brain wave activity and can lead to a renewed energy, whether alert or relaxed you feel good and are likely to have a more positive disposition.
10. Feels Fantastic: Anyone who has had a massage will agree that you feel like a new person afterwards. Massage Therapy boosts endorphins, the body’s natural happy hormone